Description: Elle Russ chats with Dave Asprey, founder and CEO of Bulletproof, the world’s first human performance and nutrition company. Dave is a Silicon Valley investor and technology entrepreneur who spent two decades and over $1 million to hack his own biology. Dave is the creator of the widely popular Bulletproof Coffee, host of the #1 health podcast Bulletproof Radio, and author of the New York Times bestselling book, The Bulletproof Diet.
Dave lost 100 pounds without counting calories or excessive exercise, used cutting-edge techniques to upgrade his brain and lift his IQ, and lowered his biological age while learning to sleep more efficiently in less time. In his new book Head Strong, Asprey shows us that all of this is possible—and more. Using his simple lifestyle modifications (or “hacks”) to take advantage of how the structure of your brain works, readers will learn how to take their mental performance to the next level. Combining the latest findings in neuroscience and neurobiology with a hacker-inspired “get it done now” perspective, Asprey offers a program structured around key areas of brain performance that will help you:
- Power the brain with exactly what it needs to perform at its best all day long
- Eliminate the sources of “kryptonite,” both nutritional and environmental, that make the brain slower.
- Supercharge the cellular powerhouses of our brains, the mitochondria, to eliminate cravings and turn up mental focus.
- Reverse inflammation to perform better right now, then stay sharp and energized well into your golden years.
- Promote neuron growth to enhance processing speed and reinforce new learning—hotwiring your brain for success.
Asprey’s easy to follow, two-week program offers a detailed plan to supercharge brain performance, including: which foods to eat and which ones to avoid, how to incorporate the right kinds of physical activity into your day, a detox protocol for your home and body; meditation and breathing for performance, recommended brain-boosting supplements; and how to adjust the lighting in your home and work space to give your brain the quality light it thrives on. A better brain—and a happier, easier, more productive life—is within reach. You just need to get Head Strong!